Enroll at St James the Apostle
To begin your registration at St. James the Apostle School, the following items are required:
- Complete a New Family Registration form for grades K-8 or a New Family Preschool Registration form .
- Complete one Diocesan Student Information Sheet – one per student.
- Enclose the registration fee:
- A non-refundable registration fee of $100.00/ student is required for our Preschool Program.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $200.00 / family for grades K-8 is required.
- Checks should be made payable to St. James the Apostle School.
- Include a copy of the official county-issued birth certificate and a Baptismal certificate (if applicable), for each student.
- Request for Release of Students Records- signed and completed with the address of the school where the child last attended (applies to grades 1-8 only).
- If applicable, Financial Aid Application is due March 1 for the following school year. Information packets are available in the school office.
Please submit these documents to the school office to receive the information required in STEP 2 of the registration process.
- 3-Year-Old PM-Preschool: Student must be 3 years old by September 1, 2018.
- 4-Year-Old PM Preschool: Student must be 4 years old by September 1, 2018.
- Kindergarten Prep: Student must be 4 years old by September 1, 2018.
- Kindergarten: Student must be 5 years old by September 1, 2018.
- 1st grade: Student must be 6 years old by September 1, 2018.
Physical and Dental Examinations:
- Students entering preschool, kindergarten, sixth grade and ALL NEW students must have a completed health exam turned into the school office before the first day of attendance.
- Annual IHSA sports physicals are required prior to participation in any practices or games for student athletes in grades 5-8 without an annual State of Illinois Exam.
- Dental examinations are required for students entering kindergarten, second and sixth grades also, to be turned into the school office before the first day of attendance.
- Kindergartners must have an eye exam to begin school