K-8 Registration at St James the Apostle
To begin your registration at St. James the Apostle School, the following items are required:
- Complete a New Family Registration (pdf) form for grades K-8.
- Complete one Diocesan Student Information Sheet (pdf) – one per student.
- Include the registration fee:
- A non-refundable registration fee of $200.00 / family for grades K-8 is required.
- Checks should be made payable to St. James the Apostle School.
- Include a copy of the official county-issued birth certificate and a Baptismal certificate (if applicable), for each student.
- Request for Release of Students Records- signed and completed with the address of the school where the child last attended (applies to grades 1-8 only).
- If applicable, Financial Aid Application is due March 1 for the following school year. Information packets are available in the school office.
Download Registration Checklist (pdf)
Please submit these documents to the school office to receive the information required in STEP 2 of the registration process.
- Kindergarten: Student must be 5 years old by September 1.
- 1st grade: Student must be 6 years old by September 1.
Physical and Dental Examinations:
- Students entering preschool, kindergarten, sixth grade and ALL NEW students must have a completed health exam turned into the school office before the first day of attendance.
- Annual IHSA sports physicals are required prior to participation in any practices or games for student athletes in grades 5-8 without an annual State of Illinois Exam.
- Dental examinations are required for students entering kindergarten, second and sixth grades also, to be turned into the school office before the first day of attendance.
- Kindergartners must have an eye exam to begin school
Download Health Requirements Checklist (pdf)